Monday, November 16, 2015

Oral Presentation Reflection

On the 09/11/2015, Monday, my team and I gave a oral presentation to address the current traffic congestion in Singapore. At the same time, we came out with solutions to solve this issue. Our presentation was about introducing car-sharing to Singapore where people gets to use a car without owning a car. They car is basically a tap&go car which is being shared by the public.

My team has prepared the slides a week in advanced. Also, two days before the presentation, we have been going through times of mock presentations to ensure that the flow is smooth. Not only practicing, we make use of what we have learnt in class and evaluate on one another presentation, making sure that the presenter articulates clearly for everyone to hear and also the proper grammar tenses. 

During the presentation, I was in charge of the introduction and background. Before the presentation, I was feeling rather confident with what I am going to say as I have practiced it a few times beforehand. However, when standing in front of the crowd, I started to feel nervous and stutter a little during the first part. Slowly, after the first slide, my confidence level starts to rise. I kept in mind to have eye contact with my audience and I felt that I did a pretty good job at it. Nevertheless, I felt that my presentation wasn't passionate enough due to my nervousness. 

Overall, I felt that the team has did a pretty good job in the presentation as everyone of have been very corporative. Moreover, this presentation has certainly boost my confidence in presenting and also taught me further in preparing the presentation slides.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,

    You did well during the presentation and I believe your group has also delivered the objectives of the topic the team has chosen. It was a good idea to encourage the young drivers to use share car!

    Maybe you'd like to take note on some words you used above, that could have sent different meaning such as stutter (you used startled, which meant to shock or surprise you), which I think that was what you meant as you got a little nervous?

    On a side note, presentation skills will get better when you do it more often! Keep up the confidence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kathleen,
      I am glad that you have learnt from other people's presentation which is one of the key advantage of not presenting first.I am glad to have you as our team mate. For your presentation, I can feel that sense of passion in you and you definitely bring your idea across. However, I felt that you can elaborate further more on your slides because there are ample time to present for your part.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathleen,

    I think being passionate in presenting requires much effort if the subject presented is not of the presenter's interest. However once tasked with a presentation, we should try and display a certain level of passion so that the audience won't be bored.

    Take a play for an example, it is much more fun and enjoyable to watch the performers' fun-filled expressions rather than watching performers' with a disinterested face.

    In my opinion, any face-to-face interactions like performances or presentations require some zeal for the audience to soak in.

    All in all, I felt that your team did a good job for the oral presentation!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete